Friday, February 15, 2019

Jennev (FTP) (Red-Yellow-Blue) Howling Peak Deckbuilding + Discussion



You can see the full document

here

with detailed card analysis, Core + Flex slots, Market discussion, play tips, match-ups, and so on.



Read along with me as I go through my thought process of building a Jennev Howling Peaks deck.



Howling PeakHeart of the VaultEquivocate Xo of the Endless HoardJotun Feast-Caller



The final product can be found

here.








This deck took me from the start of the season to Diamond 1, where I eventually hit a wall of a combination of suboptimal decisions by me (mulligans most likely), good draws by opponents, hard match-ups to give me something like 8 straight losses.  I had a crisis of concience and swapped to Stonescar (FS, Red-Purple) Grenadins (Scrappy Hour) for the final push.  Went on a 10-4 run with that solid deck, which was enough to push me into Masters.  I still think the deck is good, and is what I will be questing and getting my daily wins with post-masters.  Beats the Mirror, Winchest, with tight play.  Beats aggro with good deck building, redraws and remembering who is playing what.  Loses to over the top strategies.

In March, I am going with permafrost, Derry Cathan Ripclaw Rider, Lunar Magus, Jennev Merchant, and am effectively 7-1 to start the season.  (tried to gun down a quickdraw unit, there aren't many of these!)

No comments:

Post a Comment