Monday, January 24, 2011

MTGO Metagame

http://www.mtgstats.com/

As of today, Valakut, UWControl, UBControl are 50% of the field.

I feel very good about my Main-deck (4x Arc Trail, 4-x some-Counter, 4x Staggershock) beating aggro, and beating control game one.

I need a sideboard strategy that beats control post-board (I am 1-2 twice with the new decklist, winning first, losing next two), and a sideboard strategy that can beat ramp from my main-deck.

I can dedicate something like 15 sideboard cards to these two matchups.  I need the SB games to be crushing for ramp, and control.

Threats from control are:
Cellestial Collonade -> Tech Edge/Demolish/Spreading Seas
Creeping Tar Pit -> Tech Edge/Demolish/Spreading Seas
Jace the Mind Sculptor -> Jace Beleren/Burn/Sphynx
Grave Titan -> ?? (I did beat 3 GT's in one game, but that was a rarity)
Other Planeswalkers (Elspeth Tirel, Gideon Jura) -> ??

Threats from Ramp:
Primeval Titan
Summoning Trap
Gaea's Revenge/Terrastodon/Avenger of Zendikar
Valakut, the Molten Pinnacle

No comments:

Post a Comment